Country Idealist Profiles

Western Australia – Tax concessions

To access various concessions tax, the organisation may need to register for an Australian business number (ABN), goods and services tax (GST), fringe benefits tax (FBT), pay as you go (PAYG) withholding or other taxes.

Only certain types of non-profit organisations are exempt from income tax. The following organisations must be endorsed by the Tax Office to be exempt from income tax:

  • charities, and
  • non-charitable funds that distribute money, property or benefits solely to deductible gift recipients that are income tax exempt.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: